Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I'm thankful

Psalm 105: 1
" Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. "


I certainly have a lot to be thankful for. One thing that I am thankful for is that I am able to cook and bake for my family. I come from a long line of good cooks. Good basic food on one side of the family, a little more experimental and adventurous on the other. It's a good combination. I have some tried and true "go to" recipes and, I'm not afraid to try something I haven't before (sometimes my family is, but that's a story for another day). So after blogging about Christmas yesterday, I'm going to backtrack a bit and blog about Thanksgiving today.

Growing up we usually spent Thanksgiving with my father's side of the family. He is one of six children, so add in all the spouses and children, and it was quite a crowd. So much fun. So much food. Traditional Thanksgiving fare at these celebrations for sure. When I was in my twenties my mother began to cook our Thanksgiving meal a bit more regularly, and as my brother and I were married and had children of our own, she continues that tradition (most years) to this day. It's still a traditional feast, to be sure, but we do try a few new recipes as well.  Lately, we have been roasting our vegetables. So easy, so delicious and so good for you.

Here's a super easy recipe for roasted brussel sprouts that I used last Thanksgiving. Give it a try, you'll be thankful that you did!

Easy Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Click here for recipe from Kosher on a Budget.
You can substitute any vegetable for the brussel sprouts. Last Sunday, I made roasted asparagus and it was delicious! 

What traditions do you have for Thanksgiving? Please comment below and share. I'd love to hear from you. I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday, full of things to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment