Thursday, October 15, 2015

Costume dilemma

Zephaniah 1: 8
" On the day of the Lord's sacrifice I will punish the officials and the king's sons and all those clad in foreign clothes. "


I am really unfamiliar with Zephaniah (shame on me). I just need to sit down and read it. Really, I just need to sit down and read the Bible. (emphasis on period) In the King James translation, the words "foreign clothes" are translated  "strange apparel". I can't think of any other day of the year that we don't don strange apparel than on Halloween. I know a lot of Christians don't celebrate this pagan holiday, and I get it. I'm of the thinking that you can be in the world, but not of the world. In other words, share candy and fun with the precious little trick-or-treaters, but let's not participate or emphasize the ungodly or evil part. I even have friends that send a message of hope with the candy. You could do something like this...
Halloween Treat Bag Topper Label Tag Christian by FoundItCards:
What a "sweet" (pun intended) idea!
(photo found on Pinterest)
My dilemma, though, is not so much the candy....it's the costume, specifically for my 2 yr old. Never ask a 2 yr old what she wants to be for Halloween, present them with a costume and tell them excitedly that this is what they will be for Halloween, yay!!  Well, silly me...I forgot. So here I am with a perfectly good ballerina costume that belonged to my 25 and 23 yr old daughters, and now she wants to be a...(drumroll please)...
A SLICE OF PIZZA! Thanks a lot, Dora the explorer and Benny the Bull! So now, 2 weeks before Halloween, I've got to come up with something creative. Back to Pinterest I go.

pizza slice felt costume:
There is hope after all! This actually looks doable.
(pizza costume, Pinterest)
and another...
pizza costume dollarama  again, awesome :)  reverse for dress:
I like the mushrooms and olives on this one (or maybe I'm just hungry)
(pizza costume, Pinterest)
Off to the fabric store I go. It looks like with some felt and some glue (maybe just a simple straight stitch on my sewing machine here and there), voila, pizza costume! Pray for me.

I pray that you have a Thursday that's full of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment