Monday, November 2, 2015

All saints

1 Corinthians 14: 33
" For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. "

I Sing a Song of the Saints of God


They loved their Lord so dear, so dear, 

and his love made them strong; 
and they followed the right for Jesus' sake 
the whole of their good lives long. 
And one was a soldier, and one was a priest, 
and one was slain by a fierce wild beast; 
and there's not any reason, no, not the least, 
why I shouldn't be one too. 

They lived not only in ages past; 
there are hundreds of thousands still. 
The world is bright with the joyous saints 
who love to do Jesus' will. 
You can meet them in school, on the street, in the store, 
in church, by the sea, in the house next door; 
they are saints of God, whether rich or poor, 
and I mean to be one too. 

Just to clear things up, for you...a saint is someone who loves the Lord and one who follows God. I love this old Hymn, I Sing a Song of the Saints of God. Here in verses 2 and 3 it clears things up for you if you were confused.  So as we honor the saints on "All Saints Day" who have passed before us, we can be assured, if we have family and friends that loved the Lord, we should honor them as saints. "And there's not any reason, no, not in the least, why I shouldn't be one too."!! Lord, help me to be one too!

We are bursting at the seems with candy here. We had such a fun weekend. My husband ended up dressing nicely for the party, and I ended up with my "true blue" police costume. We're going to be better prepared next year. My children were very creative and just precious (if I do say so myself!). I've added a few pics from the weekend.

We had a great time at the party. The hostess had a "photo booth" set up.
 So fun for the children and adults!!
Pre-trick or treating at my mom and dad's house.
Ninja, Tigger and Aladdin.

My 12yr old (on the left) and her "bestie". Sponge Bob and Patrick!
I pray your week is a good one. And, as you meet others in school, on the street, in the store, in church, by the sea, or in the house next door; show them the love of God, that you may be counted among the saints too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment