Wednesday, November 18, 2015

7

Matthew 18: 21-22
" Then Peter came and said to Him, ' Lord how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times? '  Jesus said to him, ' I do not say to you, up to seven times, but seventy times seven. ' "

Thankfully, 490 "forgives" may cover the times I mess up daily! Conversely, I am convicted. Am I just as forgiving? Uh oh, maybe not so much. Forgive me (again), Lord. While I am quick to have my brother forgive me, I may need to work on extending that same blessing to my brother (Mom, I don't actually mean my "brother",  I mean my "brother in Christ"!). Lord, help me today not only to be more forgiven but more importantly more forgiving. Amen!

Now I have the number 7 in my head, so your are now going to read about the 7 things that I have been up to or thinking about for the last few days. Lucky you!

Michelle's Lucky 7 List

1.  Soup-
Oh my goodness, this is perfect! I made this soup for my family on Sunday. Thank you Pioneer Woman for another tasty recipe!
7-Can Soup- Pioneer Woman

2.   Christmas movies-
Hallmark Channel- Countdown to Christmas!! Sorry if you don't like to rush Christmas, but I'm already hooked on these wonderfully sappy movies!

3.  Golden Bough Tea-
I used to go to a church in a little town in Maryland that had an annual Christmas Bazaar, and they always serve this tea in their designated, complimentary "Golden Bough" tea room. I've been thinking that it would make a terrific hostess gift for the Christmas season. Here's another recipe.

 Golden Bough Tea
3/4 cup Lipton Instant Tea with Lemon
1/2 cup Tang Breakfast Drink
1 2/3 cup Country Time Lemonade Mix
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix ingredients. Store in jar with a tight fitting lid. Use 2 rounded teaspoons for each 8os. cup. 
Yield 11 cups. 

4.  Flannel shirts-
Loving the comfort and warmth and of course fashion of flannel shirts this season. Here are a couple of my faves from Talbots.
Buffalo-Check & Snowflake Shirt
Buffalo-Check & Snowflake Shirt- Talbots


Brushed Twill Festive Plaid Shirt
Brushed Twill Festive Plaid Shirt-Talbots
4.  Fair Isle-
Love fair isle anything. Here are some cute pj's from Victoria's Secret that make me happy!

Fireside Long Jane Pajama-Victoria's Secret
5.  Gingerbread cookies-
 For whatever reason, I don't bake them (it seems like a lot of work!). Here's what I usually eat.
When I had #7 (how appropriate!) I craved these! So delicious.
Gingerman-Pepperidge Farm
When you want to bake something easy with the kids, here it is.
I just roll out the dough and use my own cookie cutters and sugar sprinkles.
Gingerbread Cookies- Pillsbury

Guilty pleasure! These are a soft cookie individually wrapped. Great for lunch boxes and stockings.
Little Debbie- Christmas Gingerbread Soft Cookies

6.  Nail wraps-
I just had some Jamberry nail wraps on for over a week, and they still looked good. I really want to get these babies next...

The red plaid is Friday Flannel.
The black and white wraps are Into the Woods.
Both can be found on this Jamberry link- Jamberry
Friday FlannelInto the North

7.  Pioneer Woman (again!)-
My salt shaker broke last week and my husband replaced my set for me. I'm currently obsessed with The Pioneer Woman collection at Walmart. I got this salt and pepper shaker, and now I'm hoping to update my everyday dinnerware. 
The Pioneer Woman Flea Market Stoneware Salt & Pepper Shaker
Love them!
The Pioneer Woman Flea Market Salt & Pepper Shaker- Walmart

Well that's it. 7 Things that I can't get enough of right now. I hope you take a minute and click on the links and check them out. What's on your mind? I'd love to hear about it. Please take a moment and make a comment below.
I pray you have 70 x 7 reasons to be joyous today!


No comments:

Post a Comment