Friday, November 6, 2015

Anticipation...

Philippians 3: 13
" Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken ahold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, "


The title of these last few paragraphs in Paul's letter to the Philippians is " Press on Toward the Goal ".  I love it! Yes, we suffer setbacks all of the time (in my case nearly everyday, lol!), but we press on, " forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead". I love it that even Paul doesn't feel he is perfect (I know he isn't truly perfect, that distinction is saved for Christ).  Press on my friends, forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead: the call, the promise, the prize of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

I have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of months. I have Thanksgiving, Birthdays, my 15th Anniversary, Christmas and then another New Year!! I love the anticipation of the holiday's. They hold for me hope of family, togetherness, home, and of peace and comfort and joy. Here are some things that I really want to do in my own home this holiday season.

1. Host a family meal...for all of us (if at all possible...)
Party Architecture:
(photo source)
2. Have an anniversary date night with my hubby!
Christmas Lights
Holiday lights and a gourmet coffee would be heaven!
Image found on Pinterest
3. A day at the spa for my birthday, aaahhh.....
Relaxing Sunday {Easy Home Spa Ideas} ~ Dana Renee {Style}:
Image found on Pinterest
4. Christmas jammies for the crew! 
matching christmas jammies from Target:
I found similar jammies at Target.com for the whole farmily. Click here.
Image found on Pinterest
5.Simple homemade decorations and gifts. I found a couple of links for this, so many great ideas and preferences.
How To decorate your home for Christmas on a budget & super fast! Tips & tricks to help you get started!!:
Click here for link.
Image found on Pinterest.

25 Free & Inexpensive Ways To Have The Best Christmas Ever. Prepare yourself because if you  do everything on this list, you just may end up having one of the best Christmases Ever!:
Click here for link
Image found on Pinterest
6. And here's another link for a family friendly New Year's celebration.
New Years Kids Activities - #kidscrafts #newyears:
Click here for link
Image found on Pinterest
I pray you are full of anticipation for things yet to come, through the holidays and even throughout your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment