Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Just enough

Matthew 6:11
" Give us this day our daily bread. "


Yup, it's really in the Bible. It's not just something we say in church or at bedtime. Actually, the Lord's prayer is in the Bible a couple of times: in Matthew and in Luke. Good things bear repeating.  The Lord's prayer is actually a wonderful outline of how to pray. So if you are not sure how to start praying you need look no further than your Teacher, your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

I hate to admit it, but I am often running on fumes paycheck to paycheck. I am always amazed at how the Lord provides. Sometimes He uses others to help out, like an odd job or an unexpected gift. Sometimes it's just as simple as going through the checkout in the grocery store, and finding you have just the right amount to purchase your bread and milk. Thank you, Lord, for providing for us all that we need.

On Saturday, I had to bring a dish to share to the Halloween party (not just me, everyone!). So, I went to a favorite fall dessert recipe. I found it last year on Pinterest and have taken it to game day parties and even to Mom's Thanksgiving meal for dessert (trust me, one of many desserts on Thanksgiving). It is a "dump" cake recipe, but it tastes more like an upside-down pumpkin pie. Delicious!

Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
Ingredients:
1 can (15 0z.) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well-combined. It will be very liquid-y.
Pour this pumpkin mixture into a baking dish.

Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.

Now take melted butter and drizzle all over the top.

Bake for about 55-60 minutes.
It might still be just a bit jiggly in the middle when done. It will continue to set up as it cools.
Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.
I like to heat each piece up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving since I enjoy eating it warm.
Dollop each serving with a bit of whipped cream.

Enjoy!
Copyright 2012


I hope you give it a try. Of course, I also enjoy the leftovers for breakfast with my coffee!! I prefer to reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds, but it's delicious right out of the fridge, too.

I pray today that you have everything you need, and that you are blessed to know that you have
so much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment