Friday, November 13, 2015

R'oad to joy

Romans 15: 13
" May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. "

This is good stuff! I think this is going to be my verse throughout the Christmas season this year. Joy has been an underlying theme for me this year. Not just happiness, not just laughter, or mirth or fun: J-O-Y. Look it up in the dictionary. It's better than happy. I pray that each one of you experiences pure joy in this season of thankfulness and into the new year.

This year Christmas decor in my house is going to be minimal, natural (ish), and homemade (for the most part). I want my home to be comfortable and welcoming, but in an effort to pare down things in the storage areas of our home,over the summer, most of my Christmas decorations were moved to a storage unit (long story), and if I bring them back home it would defeat its intended purpose. I don't want to replace them all (that also defeats the purpose) but, I still want a festive home.

Here are a few things I'm considering that are affordable and will help to fill my home with the joy and warmth of the season.
Car Applique and Embroidery Decorative Pillow with Piping 12"x18" -Threshold™
So fun, and the reds and browns will be perfect in my living room.
Car Applique and Embroidery Pillow- Target
Holiday Time 17" Burlap Pillow with Embroidered Pinecone Detail
I love this burlap pillow from Walmart and what a great price!
Burlap Pillow with Pinecone Detail- Walmart
I love this banner I found on Etsy.

Burlap Banner -Christmas Garland - JOY - Banner - Rustic Christmas - Christmas Banner - Homespun  Rags Garland - Holiday Decor - Photo Prop
This pretty much sums it up for me!
Burlap Banner form RagsandBerries- Etsy

Threshold™ Throw Novelty - Red (50x60 inches)
Now this says warmth!
Threshold Throw Novelty- Target
I love that most of these items can be part of my everyday decor throughout the winter season. And too, that they are all under $20! Win, win! Now if that doesn't at least start to make you happy, I'm not sure what will.

I pray your weekend brings you ...JOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment