Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Led by the Spirit

Romans 8: 14
" For those that are led by the Spirit of God, are children of God. "


When I started writing this blog on January 1st  of this year, I didn't really know what to expect. I do know that it was a lesson in courage, in failure, in triumph, in spirit. A lesson of faith. I want you to know that I have no agenda. I write what I feel led to write. I pray, I read, I write. It's just that simple. What I have been convicted of is that I am to lead off each post with scripture. Some days I have no idea what I am to write about, some days I don't write that well, some days I think, "why did I write that?!", and then I get a word from a friend or family member and know why. Conversely some days I think I've "hit a homerun" in my writing, Pulitzer Prize winning stuff, and it just falls flat. Nothing!
It takes some amount of courage to put your thoughts and feelings and beliefs in writing and then show them to all of your friends and followers on facebook and twitter, etc. Some of these people have only known you as a child, or a teen, a daughter, a niece, a wife, a mother, a friend from work. Showing them an intimate, personal, faithful person is tough. I'm not perfect (most definitely), I mess up a whole lot and I'm not the person I once was. I'm still me, but I've grown and matured in my faith. I also might even miss the mark sometimes on what I try to convey about my faith. You might not agree with me. I may not be the theologian you were looking for (please look somewhere else if you're looking for that!), but I feel called/led to share my personal experiences so that you might seek to know the perfect One, who challenges us and leads us all.
I pray today that you do continue to seek and know our loving Father, our Lord, our Savior, our Mighty God. Amen!

My dear friend started her own blog this week. Please take a moment to read it and follow her posts as she writes them. She is a wonderful example of a Christian wife, mother and friend. She is a faithful woman of God and (bonus!) she's my "Jiminy Cricket", when it comes to fitness. Check out FitFaith.

I'll leave you with  these lyrics from a song by Raffi today (I've got it stuck in my head, lol!).

You Gotta Sing


You gotta sing when your spirit says sing,
You gotta sing when your spirit says sing,
When your spirit says sing,
You gotta sing right along,
You gotta sing when your spirit says sing.

You gotta shout when your spirit says shout,
You gotta shout when your spirit says shout,
When your spirit says shout,
You gotta shout right out loud,
You gotta shout when your spirit says shout.

You gotta wiggle when your spirit says wiggle,
You gotta wiggle when your spirit says wiggle,
When your spirit says wiggle,
You gotta wiggle like a worm,
You gotta wiggle when your spirit says wiggle.

You gotta shake when your spirit says shake,
You gotta shake when your spirit says shake,
When your spirit says shake,
You gotta shake like a snake,
You gotta shake when your spirit says shake.

You gotta dance when your spirit says dance,
You gotta dance when your spirit says dance,
When your spirit says dance,
You gotta dance right along,
You gotta dance when your spirit says dance.


Read more: Raffi - You Gotta Sing Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

No comments:

Post a Comment