Monday, November 23, 2015

Eggnog

Proverbs 20: 1
" Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler; and whoever is led astray by it is not wise. "  ESV


Well, you won't be "led astray" by this nog.  I really enjoy eggnog this time of the year. My grandfather had an "adult" version that was the best ever. Around my house, the "adult" version won't cut it. I need something kid friendly and mother approved. I recently found a quart on at my local grocery store that I hadn't tried before. It was a brand that I usually don't purchase because of the price. It's organic and this particular egg nog was lowfat. What!? Lowfat!? Well, I have to confess, I really liked it. I actually found it a bit more "refreshing" (can you say that about eggnog?) than regular eggnog.  I will definitely buy it again.

Here's a pic of my grandfather last Thanksgiving surrounded by his great-grandchildren.
I know we're all going to be a little sad this year without him.
Here's my new fave family friendly eggnog!
Click on this link for their website and sign up for coupons

I even made some French toast with this eggnog last week and it was delicious. 

Eggnog French Toast 

2 large eggs
1/4 cup Horizon Organic lowfat Eggnog
1 tbsp of cinnamon-sugar (I make a bunch and keep it in a container in my pantry)
a dash of nutmeg
4 slices of honey wheat bread (you can use your favorite bread)

Whip eggs and eggnog together with a whisk or fork in a small baking dish until combined. Add in cinnamon-sugar and nutmeg.  
Heat a skillet or griddle and melt a pat of butter to grease pan. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture and heat until golden brown on each side. Serve with more butter and warm syrup. 

Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.

This week as we look to towards the things that we are most thankful for, I pray we remember those that are gone; remembering the joy, laughter and and the blessings they brought to our lives, letting go of hurts and mistakes. I pray we look to those that are still with us, finding the good and looking past the bad. I pray we will be most gracious and thankful for new beginnings; for new loves , for new life, for fresh starts; always holding on to love and letting go of hate. Lord, we thank you for all of these blessings, past, present and future and sometimes even the blessings in disguise. Lord in all these things we give thanks. Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment