Monday, September 28, 2015

Fancy Chicken

Psalm 10: 3
" The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the cravings of the wicked. "


I'm already hungry for dinner, and I have a craving for chicken...uh oh! I try to plan a menu for the week and then make my grocery list. Sometimes, I see a sale that I simply can't miss, and the menu changes. Right now I'm rethinking my whole weekly menu.  I get stuck in a rut and make the same things over and over. I need to get some new ideas for dinners; or maybe just some old ones. I was thinking of a recipe that I started to make back in 1988. I was working at a ladies clothing store and my manager shared this delicious chicken recipe with me. I still love it. I scribbled it down quickly while we were on the phone and that's the recipe I still follow to this day.

Here it is...

Fancy Chicken

Ingredients:

1 pkg of skinless boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
swiss cheese slices
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
1 pkg of herb flavored croutons
white wine (I prefer a dry white)
1 stick of butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*
Place chicken breast in a 9x13 baking dish (I cut the chicken into strips for my big family). Season with salt and pepper.
Top each piece of chicken with a slice of cheese.
In a separate bowl mix the soup with 1 soup can full of wine until blended. Pour soup mixture on chicken.
Evenly distribute croutons around baking dish.
Pour melted butter evenly over everything.
Bake in 350* oven for 45-60 minutes, until done.

I have no idea where this recipe came from (other than my manager), but I have been making it this way for nearly 30 years, and it's delicious. I would serve this chicken with some fresh green beans and a salad for a fancy meal.  Enjoy!

I pray you have a fun, fancy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment