Thursday, September 17, 2015

I don't wanna!

Jonah 1: 2
" Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me. "


Not only did Jonah not want to go to Nineveh, he started off on a journey to one of the most remote places he could think of, so he wouldn't be anywhere near Nineveh. But we all know what happened to him on his journey to Tarshish.  He was swallowed by a big fish! And, he ended up going to Nineveh anyway. There's a definite lesson here for us...do what God tells you to do! So, on the days when you just want to sleep in instead of getting up for church, or you're running late for Bible study, so why go? Or, you just don't wanna do anything, do it anyway. Getting up on some of my worst Sunday mornings and going to church anyway, or being a few minutes (or later) to Bible study, are some of the best "doing it anyway" moments. And let's not limit this to church. God has called you to be a sister/brother, a mother/father, a daughter/son, a granddaughter/grandson, a wife/husband, a friend, a volunteer, a teacher, etc... do it anyway. Be the best of what God calls you to be everyday, anyway!


I really "wanna" decorate for fall, but I haven't yet. I certainly am baking for fall (I refuse to step on a scale again until next spring!), but literally just got out some hand towels and a table runner...that is all. I realize fall hasn't officially begun, so I'm certainly not late, but my home doesn't reflect what I would like it to right now. I'm frustrated and finding motivation difficult.  What I need is a new Yankee Candle and a trip to my local farm stand. Some sights and smells to get me started.  Here are some beautiful fall rooms to hopefully motivate you to decorate for the changing seasons...enjoy!

FALL HOME TOUR-bringing the natural element of fall inside. Lots of easy inspiration stonegableblog.com


FALL HOME TOUR-bringing the natural element of fall inside. Lots of easy inspiration stonegableblog.com


FALL HOME TOUR-bringing the natural element of fall inside. Lots of easy inspiration stonegableblog.com
All of the above images are from one of my favorite blogs - Stone Gable.
I find inspiration from this blog in so many ways. I encourage you to click the link above and tour this beautiful home.
(and the rest of the blog, too!)

I pray today that you listen for the voice of God, and obey.
( I don't want you to end up in the belly of a fish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment