Monday, September 21, 2015

Hot Mess!

Proverbs 25: 22
" In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you. "

I was confused by this verse, because in the preceding verses it tells of giving food and drink to your enemies. In other words, showing them kindness. But when I investigated, I understood that we are told to do this kind act and that the coals on the heads of our enemies (clearly a bad thing!) will be their guilt, shame or remorse. Clearly your enemies do not get off scot-free here. I love it. Not because I want others to suffer, but if someone is truly your enemy, their punishment kind of takes care of itself.  I'm not advocating revenge. I'm advocating taking the high road and hopefully leading someone to repentance. Sometimes kindness is so hard, but we are never more Christlike when we practice it, even in times of hardship and adversity.

Speaking of hot coals...forgive me if I've mislead you to think that I have a perfect life.  I do not. Sometimes, I'm just a hot mess (my SIL and I are going to write a book, you just wouldn't believe it)! The purpose of this blog is not to sound preachy or to tell you to "do what I do".  I certainly hope you try what I try. I want to share with you some of the wisdom and some of the fun things I've picked up over these last (nearly) 50 years of my life. I pray that you come away with something fun and something uplifting and positive. Thank you for being so kind, and reading my blog. I love you all!!

So, last week, I got my new Ipsy glam bag! (click on the link to investigate). What a treat. I really like the neutral, natural eyeshadow and lip crayon. I love being able to sample products and new colors without spending a fortune. I can then invest in the products I truly love. Here's a pic of me all "glammed" up!

Let me tell you, I hate taking selfies. It's only by God's grace that I have the courage to post pictures of myself.
But, just as I am Lord, this is me!
I pray you have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment