Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back in black

1 John 1: 5
" This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. "


Now that's putting a little light on the subject! In this verse darkness is sin. If we are truly following Christ then we are not to spend time in the darkness, and if we do, we are not practicing the truth. That doesn't mean we are to live a sinless life (impossible!), but we are always to seek the light: Christ. "Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus". ("I want to walk as a Child of the Light": Kathleen Thomerson- hymn).

Black is my color of choice for this football season. It's the only common color that my son's high school team and my hometown NFL team have in common. So, even though I'm supposed to wear purple on Friday to support my Sunday team, my son's games are Friday nights, so I have to sport some black and gold (pardon me, but eww!, Steelers' colors!!).  So black it is!  My thinking right now is what shoes (I know, I'm thinking shoes) should I wear once it starts to get a little chilly around here? Why, Chuck Taylor's of course! That's right, they never go out of style. And, I'm going black and low. I was also considering white, but I may as well paint a target on my shoes. My children will be stepping all over my feet for sure. I can't wait to get a pair. They will be perfect with shorts, jeans and even some of my more casual dresses.

Converse Chuck Taylor® Low Sneaker (Women)
Love 'em!
I found this pair at Nordstrom, but you can get them at most major department stores for about the same price.

I also found a pair of similar style sneakers at Target.


Women's Lenia Sneakers - Black 8
Women's Lenia Sneakers
These are less than half the price of the Converse shoes

Welcome back football season, I have missed you! Now I have a good excuse to have party food and yell at the TV!! Yay!!!

I pray your day is full of light, even on a day filled with clouds!


No comments:

Post a Comment