Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A leap of faith

Isaiah 40: 31
" but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. "


I'm pretty sure I've shared this verse before, but it's a good one!  I couldn't get it out of my head this morning as I am thinking about the literally huge leap (13,500 ft to be exact) of faith my BIL, Tim, is making in a few weeks.  I have shared before that Tim was diagnosed with ALS last year. Let me tell you, what a shocker! I have been so blessed by the extraordinary, faithful way Tim and his family have taken on this burden. They have started a non-profit organization, Ten Mile Miracle, dedicated to helping those stricken with ALS in the Delmarva area. How many of us can say they have done that? Last year, just months after his diagnosis Tim walked 10 miles from Dewey Beach to Bethany Beach to raise awareness for ALS and this year, well... he's jumping out of an airplane! For someone afraid of heights this is certainly an extraordinary leap. But Tim doesn't take any credit for this, he gives all the glory to God! So today, I'm asking for prayer. I pray that Ten Mile Miracle raises money and awareness for ALS, I pray for a beautiful fall day on October 10th, and I pray for courage and protection for my crazy BIL as he takes this leap of faith. Love you Tim!

Please take a moment and read this article " Delmarva Man Plans 13,500-Foot Skydive to Raise ALS Funds and Awareness ", and of course click on any of the above links and make a donation.

Tim Hill walked 10 miles to raise hope and funds for fellow ALS patients on Delmarva.
Tim (crazy BIL) Hill

I pray you take a leap of faith today, even a small one, that leads you closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment