Friday, September 11, 2015

Remember

John 15: 13
" Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. "


9/11/01
Exactly 14 years ago to this very day, I was nursing my newborn son and trying to watch my morning shows when the unthinkable happened. Our world changed that beautiful September morning. Being married to a police officer made that unthinkable day, even more unthinkable. There were mandatory 12 hour shifts and new procedures and processes to follow. But, what hasn't changed is the dedication and sacrifice our first responders made then and continue to make every day. Any ordinary beautiful morning could turn into the unthinkable for any of these families still today. I am forever grateful for my husband and for all of those who pledge to serve and protect us. Thank you, Lord, for all of those who pledge to lay down their lives for us and for all of those that have fallen. We remember today all of the innocent people that lost their lives 14 years ago, and we remember the bravery of those who fought and continue to fight for our freedom. Amen.

Here is my favorite guy. A little role reversal on Halloween 2 years ago.
He was in BIG trouble, I think he stole some candy!!
Image result for 9/11 remember images
(Image found on Google Images)
I pray you have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment