Thursday, June 25, 2015

The sea

Genesis 1:9
"And God said,  'Let the water and the sky be gathered in one place, and let dry ground appear. And so it was.' "


Thank you God for the oceans and the beaches. I love the beach! It wouldn't be summer without a trip to the beach. We are fortunate to live in a coastal state, so driving a few hours east takes us right there.  Sometimes that's not even close enough. If I could pick up tomorrow and move to the beach, I would. We try to spend at least a few days at the beach every summer, sometimes, we even drive down for the day. The children love it, too. There is no other place (for me) that shows the beauty and power and awesomeness of God than the beach. You are a powerful and mighty God, that you took such care to create such beauty is inconceivable. Thank you, Lord, for the beauty and grandeur of the world around me. Amen.

Last weekend we were in St. Michaels.  It's a beautiful historic town on the eastern shore of Maryland. We go there every year for the Antique and Classic Boat Show at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. What  a wonderful place for a family to visit on a beautiful summer day. Here are some of my favorite pics from our recent visit.

Here we are on the "Winnie Estelle".  She's a real 1920 Chesapeake Bay Buyboat.

This is a great activity we do every year. The children get to make their own sailboats and then try them out in the pool.

Here's my "Baby" and my husband enjoying a sail.

Here's one of my beautiful girls sailing her vessel. What a great day!

Hopefully the next time I write about my family, you'll see lots of pictures on the surf and sand. 
Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment