Wednesday, June 3, 2015

100!

Psalm 100: 1
" Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. "


I can't believe it, I'm publishing my 100th post today! Shout for joy! Or, like in my house this morning, just shout.  Oh my goodness!! Yes, I don't live in a house of peace and harmony.  If I've led you to believe that, I am truly sorry.  I live with a teenager, a tweenager, an almost 9yr old and a toddler (and a husband, but that's a story for another day!),  there is a lot of shouting in the house.  And I'd love to tell you it's just the children...it's not.  Guilty as charged.  Even with my faith,  and a strong sense of right from wrong.  I continue to sin. I know better, why do I keep doing it? Well, the main reason is that I am human. No getting around that.  And as a human, I was born into sin.  It's not fair! I hadn't even done anything yet, and already at birth I was doomed! But fear not, God has taken care of that for me. Through His son, Jesus Christ, through His death and resurrection I am saved. Because of Him I get another chance: a new beginning.  Even if, every morning (mid-morning, afternoon, evening...), I still need to ask for forgiveness, He forgives.  Now that's something to shout about!!

I think even the best of us get aggravated with the people we care about, or situations we find ourselves in, from time to time.  There are a lot of factors that can contribute to our lack of self control (being separated from Christ with our humanness notwithstanding!).  It could be lack of sleep, stress, an unresolved illness, worry, anxiety, pressure from work,  being overworked, even depression.  Certainly (and first), contact you doctor if things are getting unmanageable.  There are also things you can do on your own to help relieve some stress: get some rest, eat better, exercise, yoga, do something fun, get a hobby, take a walk, journal, read, get a massage, listen to music, take some time off.  And for heaven's sake, pray, read your bible, meditate and worship. (I personally would add shopping to the first part of the list, but that might not be a good way to relieve my husband's stress, Lol!).  I am also going to try some essential oils.  I spoke with a friend about a few good blends from doTERRA to add to my daily regimen of diet and exercise. If something as simple as lavender diffuser will help me sleep, I'm there!

Essential oils for anxious feelings
I found this pic on Pinterest, pinned by my friend Lori. Click on this link for more info (ancestral-nutrition.com)

What kinds of things do you do to make it through those tough times? I'd love to hear from you. Sharing is caring!! Please comment below.
I pray your day is full of shouts of joy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment