Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Chicken

Luke 13: 34b

" ..., how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks beneath her wings , and you were not willing. "


I know Jesus is not talking about KFC here.  I get it.  Forgive me. He's talking about Jerusalem. Often he is foretelling his purpose of being here on earth and he is grieved that the people just don't get it.  I would hope I would be one of the people back then, that would get it.  But, I probably wouldn't.  So count me in with the masses. Unless Jesus came to me, sat me down, and with pie charts and graphs explained it to me clearly, concisely and  very ssslllooowwwlllyyy,  I wouldn't have gotten it.  Sorry, Lord. I am so blessed to have gotten it now.  Thank you Lord, for your faithfulness in my life, even when I'm not. And thank you Lord, too, for helping me "get it".

So of course, I started this yesterday when I was thinking "food", so chicken... that's what I'm writing about (just get over it).  Two of the main men in my life (my dad and my husband) are not fans of Mexican food.  Which is tragic to me and my children.  We tend to sneak it in on nights when they are not home.  A very simple recipe that I prepare even when my guys are home and I just can't stand another day without a taco, is so easy and good for you, you'll use it. I swear.

(Taco image found on Google Images)

Michelle's Simple Chicken Tacos

Serves: Makes 6 (2 taco) servings.
Directions.
  • Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
  • Add onion and sweet peppers and cook until vegetables are a bit tender (5-7 minutes).
  • Serve with your favorite toppings and nacho chips. And, I always heat up a side of refried beans.

Try this recipe tonight and have a great Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment