Thursday, June 4, 2015

The cheeky one

Mark 7: 28
"  'Lord', she replied, ' even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs.'  "


I was looking on-line to find if Jesus had a sense of humor (cheeky or otherwise). He seems to certainly appreciate a quick thinker. In this chapter of Mark, a Greek woman (a Gentile), comes to Jesus and asks him to heal her little daughter who is possessed by an impure spirit. His reply to her is ' "First let the children (the Jewish people) eat all they want", he told her, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs." '(vs.27).  Sounds a bit harsh, right? In verse 29 He lets her know, that because of her response, her daughter was healed.  He had a plan all along. This verse is important because verses like this and some previous verses in this chapter make following Jesus less about being a devout rule follower and more about being a pure heart follower. Thus, He saves us all. Thank you, Lord, for measuring the condition of my heart and not keeping tally of my many sins.

While I certainly wouldn't call my Savior "cheeky", today's post title is about Thomas the Tank Engine. He's " the cheeky one"! On Mother's Day, my family and I went to the B&O Railroad Museum to see Thomas. We had tickets for "Day out With Thomas" (an annual event at the museum) the week before, however due to the Baltimore riots, it was postponed.  I'm so glad we were able to go. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and my 2 yr old was beside herself with happiness. There were lots of activities in addition to an actual ride on a train. And of course, the tickets gave us access to the entire B&O museum. If you're looking for a fun outing with your family, I highly recommend it. Below are a few of my favorite pics from the day.

There's Thomas!

My beautiful children after our ride on Thomas (the youngest children received a certificate).

This is inside of the "Roundhouse".  This is President Lincoln's funeral train.
One of several interesting trains in the museum.

On the train with my "babies".

My "cheeky" girl and her daddy, riding in Thomas. 

I hope you enjoyed our family pics. We certainly enjoyed our day. We can't wait until next year when Thomas visits again.  I pray your day is blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment