Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Fitness Update

Philippians 4: 13
" I can do all this through him who gives me strength. "


I believe this. I truly do. Do not look to me as an example of this where fitness is concerned at least.  I have been doing fairly well with the running. Although, I have to admit I've only run about 2 miles in the last 2 weeks. I also have really cut down on the amount of sugar I use.  However, I have not been doing any additional conditioning exercises.  My abs are so flabby right now, I'm sure I look like I'm expecting my next baby (don't worry Mom, I'm not!).  Thank goodness God is looking at the condition of my heart and not my thighs. Lol!  Thank you, Lord for my health. Thank you that I have a healthy appetite, and that I am still physically able to chase after my beautiful family. And, thank you that my husband likes a girl with a little meat on her bones. I am truly blessed.

I wanted to update you on my fitness for accountability's sake and so that you wouldn't consider me a hypocrite. I have shared with you some easy exercises for you to try and some of the circuits that I have used in the past. Heck, I even started a circuit and kept it up for several weeks, things just got a little hectic and most evenings we were out and about. Now that summer vacation has begun, I should have a few extra days to get back into the swing of things.  Here are some circuits that I want to try that I can even share with the children.

Circuit Workout for Kids
Going to the $1 store today to get some hula hoops. This one sounds fun!
Click on this link penandkeyboard
workout-with-kids-585
Here's a super simple workout, but don't let it fool you, it is challenging.
Click on this link fitbottomedgirls.com
I found both of these workouts on Pinterest (what a great tool).  There were many other workouts to try, so check them out and see if there are some better ones to suit your family. There might even be something that you are currently doing, I'd love to hear about it. Comment below and share your favorite workout. Remember, even if you don't complete a circuit, just getting up and moving with the kids is certainly a step in the right direction. Have fun!

I pray you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment