Thursday, January 29, 2015

Turtles

Leviticus 12: 8
" And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean."



This is the King James translation of this verse. Not sure why turtles would be an acceptable substitute for a lamb or young pigeons, but who am I to question this?  This part of Leviticus describes a ritual for a woman after giving birth. They were to bring this offering for a burnt offering and another for a sin offering. Women were considered unclean after child birth, if she bore a male there was a different time frame than for a female...you were unclean twice as long for having a little girl! Thank you, Lord, for coming into the world and being the perfect sacrifice for all my uncleanliness and sin. Where in the world would I get a lamb or turtles or pigeons if you hadn't?!

Turtles are on my mind today because of my outfit (of course!). It has been so cold here this week, that I broke out my turtleneck! I only own one knit turtleneck. I did have a few cashmere turtlenecks, but I didn't care for them properly when I stored them and they ended up with holes in them (I'm assuming moth holes, yuck). I don't know what my aversion is to turtlenecks. They may give me bad memories from junior high and high school, when you had to have the right brand. However, I've noticed a lot of cute outfits this winter with turtlenecks, and I want a new one! I know I could probably pick one up on a great sale now. So, off to the store I go, cause baby it's cold outside and Mamma wants a turtleneck!


Pink turtleneck layered under black asymmetrical cardigan sweater- "Kohl's". Paired with white pin-wale corduroy pants- "Talbots", tan wedge healed booties- "Target"  and one of my great statement necklaces from  "The Pink Silhouette". Photo credit today goes to my beautiful 8 year old daughter. Not bad!!
( next time we'll clear away the shoes and backpacks) 

No comments:

Post a Comment