Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...

1 John 5:11
"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."

I have had 3 boys; sons. My first born son is, Ben.  I thought he would be my last child. He was/is such a blessing. He endured countless hours of dress-up with his big sisters (Charlotte used to call him Pup-Pup!). He started to speak a little later than the girls, but when he started he definitely excelled. I don't think he's stopped yet. Two weeks after Ben turned 6, I had my second son, Dominic. Ben told me he wanted a brother and I was so thrilled to be able to give him one.  Ben, however, has told me in every subsequent pregnancy that he only wants a little sister. He had a difficult adjustment to Dominic. Fortunately, they love each other very much now.

Sadly, my third son, Angelo, never took a breath. He died in my womb at 16 weeks of pregnancy. Jim and I were devastated. Although, we had not planned on having any more children, God had a different plan for us. I took for granted that everything would be fine, I had had 6 healthy, happy children. We prepared for our child to be born, as we had before. I thought too, even though I was 44 years old, that I was probably the most healthy I had ever been.  I was in great shape, I was running, eating healthier than I had ever before and was determined to have a fit, healthy pregnancy. After our loss, I didn't even want to think about having another child. I was done, surely God was telling me I was too old to have a healthy baby. After months of prayer we faithfully put our trust in God and decided if we were meant to have another child, we would. Two days after my 46th birthday, our daughter, Frankie was born. She is a healthy, happy 2 year old, and we are all so blessed.

Each one of my children has been a blessing, each one has taught me a new and wonderful truth about life, about marriage, about family and about faith. Here's to my little lumberjacks (and princesses, too) !


Today I thought I looked like a lumberjack. It reminded me of my son Ben and his love for Monty Python.
Here's my outfit today...

new flannel top from "Talbots", navy fleece lined leggings from "The Pink Silhouette"

 and, here's a picture of Frankie from the day she was born. She informed me yesterday that she is a princess. I have to agree!

gift from God!



No comments:

Post a Comment