Monday, January 26, 2015

There's no place like home.

Mark 5: 19
"Jesus did not let him, but said, 'Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you'."


We are home from Disney World! Boy, did we have a wonderful time. I felt truly blessed to have had this once in a lifetime opportunity to spend nearly a week in Disney (thank you Mom and Dad!). I would love to tell you that I'm so glad to be home...not so much. I'm not depressed about it. I'm not angry about it. I'm just feeling a bit let down. I love that my home is bigger than our hotel room, that I was able to cook my family a terrific meal (thank you Pioneer Woman!) and that I was able to sit at my dining room table with my coffee, my Bible and my journal and have time with my Lord.  Why then, why am I not happy to be home?

Apart from the fact that Disney World is truly a magical place, I wouldn't want to live there. I would however, love to have brought the weather back with me; most days were sunny and in the 70's.  I just feel restless here at home. The house is under renovation, the weather is cold and snowy, the kids are back to school (well actually school was cancelled today and probably tomorrow due to the weather).  I will miss the joy I saw on the faces of my family, I will miss the freedom I had to take an early morning run in the sun, I will miss...vacation!

Lord, help me to share the blessings that I felt last week, with my family and friends. This house is truly not my home but I am home where you are. Thank you, Lord, for the sabbatical, the respite and the renewal. 



Life-savers in Disney World, my "Asics" running shoes from "Kohls", and this cute "Lilly" ID cross-body phone case from "The Pink Silhouette"

Frankie and Mommy enjoying our favorite flying elephant.




No comments:

Post a Comment