Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Be kind to your parents, though they don't deserve it..."

Ephesians 4: 32
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."


The title of my post is the first line of a song that I learned in elementary school chorus. The second line is "remember they're grownups, a difficult stage of life". Amen!  Being kind is a common theme that has been popping up for me this week. My father always says, "Be nice!".  We sometimes get these words confused, nice and kind. We are never told in the Bible to be nice, we are told often to be kind. Websters dictionary defines nice as: pleasing, agreeable, well-behaved. Kind is defined as: showing a gentle nature and a desire to help others.  Kindness is more about serving others than about pleasing others.  "Love is kind" (1 Cor. 13: 4) which means that kindness flows from love for each other, a love that comes when are hearts are filled with God's complete and perfect love. Kindness is a reflection of our relationship with God, something that I have to come to him everyday for in prayer. I pray for you to be filled with kindness today...Be kind!

We are busy around here this week, getting ready to travel to Disney World. A lot of packing got done last weekend, but because we live in MD (current temperature, a balmy 25 degrees!) I'm not sure what we'll need until I get a more up-to-date weather forecast. (I'm praying for mid 70's-80's).  My parents purchased all of us Mickey Mouse t-shirts for Christmas with our names on them. A must-wear for our family breakfast and dinner outings. So cute!

Mia's Disney t-shirt

I'm also hoping to pull out some shorts and dresses. I love my anchor dress and hope to wear it sometime during out trip. This picture was taken last summer with my Bella, we packed this outfit for her, too.

me: navy anchor dress- "The Pink Silhouette"
Bella: anchor t-shirt and neon pink shorts- "Target"






No comments:

Post a Comment