Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Love is Patient

1 Corinthians 13: 4
"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."


"Love is patient" has now been taped to 2 of my bathroom mirrors. Not to remind my family, but to remind me. I struggle with this attribute a lot! It's certainly tied into self-control which is a "fruit of the spirit". I have heard often from Christian women "don't pray for that, you'll be tested even more".  I don't believe that. I don't believe that God, my father, would continuously test my patience day after day, moment by moment, to see if I can take it. That would be setting me up for failure. He knows me, he knows my weaknesses, he wouldn't purposefully set me up. What I think he wants from me is not to stop asking, but to keep asking.  Sometimes I remember, and those times I'm successful. Sometimes I forget, and that's when I usually fail. What he wants is for me to fully rely on him. Lord, let me rely on you today and everyday. Amen!

Wear Love.. I attend Central Christian. We have a women's conference in the fall with that theme. It is a very uplifting,Christ centered, faith building 2 day event. We have these great t-shirts that we wear to church leading up to the conference (and at the conference) to lead others to attend. I often find myself wearing it throughout the year. It helps to remind me (like the notes on my mirror) to wear love. God wants me to wear his love, not just 2 days a year, but all year long. I'm wearing my t-shirt today...

layered over a white long-sleeve t-shirt

...and here I am last week wearing another t-shirt to inspire me to LOVE! Find inspiration where you can, you can find cute,  tasteful (be careful, you don't want to send the wrong message!) t-shirts everywhere that not only send others a great message, but can inspire you throughout your day!
"Love Pink" t-shirt- layered over a long-sleeved black t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment