Friday, January 2, 2015

Purple Friday...good hair, not bad!

Proverbs 17:22
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones"

Happy Purple Friday Baltimore!

The Ravens are in the play-offs tomorrow and we are celebrating today gettin' our purple on! I have to say that I am probably the biggest Ravens fan in the house, most of the children don't care, except for Dominic, but unless he's playing football he'd rather be doing something other than watching football. My husband grew up in Redskins territory, but he's not a super fan either, thank goodness. I'm blessed that they support me (most of the time!).

I actually had a free moment last night to "touch-up" my hair. Yeah, baby! I don't get to the salon very often so I rely on a great product called "root touch-up" by Clairol. I love it. I feel a good hair day coming on!! Doesn't get much better than that (it's a girl thing).

This year I feel God leading me to focus on joy. Not that I don't have joy in my life already, but I want to reflect the joy the Lord has put in my heart. I so often get bogged down with worry and just plain busyness, that I forget the joy. " I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Down in my heart to stay!" Lord, help me to reflect that joy to others today and everyday. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment