Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Well?!

1 Peter 5:7
" Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. "


Today, is "Wellness Wednesday" on the blog.  I was going to write about my next 5k coming up in a couple of weeks, but God had other plans for me (as usual).  I'm now going to write about mental wellness.  For me, running is not only for my physical health, but for my mental health.  I get a stride and a breathing pattern, and then I just keep running.  That's when I start to pray and give things over to God, and yes as I've told you before, I even get some worship in (look out for the crazy runner with her hands in the air!).

 I also want to talk about the importance of being connected to good Christian friends.  Yesterday, I had an opportunity to meet with a friend that I trust and respect, to mull over some things that are going on in my life.  It's good to know that someone has empathy for you, that they are coming from the same perspective as you are, and that they are praying for you. I know too, that God has placed each one of these women in my life to guide me and comfort me and lead me in His ways.  Thank you God for caring for me and giving me more than I can even imagine.

"The Baystone Wives Club".  Nothing is better than good friends for your mental wellness.
(unless of course it's good friends and a drink with an umbrella in it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment