Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Return home

Luke 8: 39
"  'Return home and and tell how much God has done for you.'  So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him. "


So, I've never had demons cast out of me into pigs (see Luke 8:26-39).  But, I do have daily blessings. Sometimes I really have to think about them. Why is it that we often talk about the things that are wrong in our lives, instead of what is right?  Believe me, I'm guilty of it, too.  I know what destruction negativity can bring to your life.  I've made a conscious effort to reflect on the blessings: all the things that God has provided for me, the unexpected niceties that happen during the day, the positives. Some days are harder than others to come up with a few things but, they are there. This verse doesn't tell me to just think of my blessings, though, this verse tells me to share how much God has done for me.  I encourage you all today, to reflect on your life.  When you find those blessings in your life, first, thank God for them, then go and tell how much God has done for you.  Amen.

They are building beautiful new townhouses just down the road from ours.  We have been fortunate to be able to see inside of a few.  I love getting decorating ideas from model homes.  I have to say that sometimes, I get discouraged walking back into my house, after seeing some of the modern new houses.  I have to keep perspective that my house is about 25 years older and  things certainly have changed in 25 years.  Things like the number of electric outlets that are required by new building codes and such, are things you don't think of often when buying a house, but you sure notice when you live in an older home.  We are slowly but surely renovating our home to reflect some of the current design and building trends.

Here is a pic of what used to be my hall closet/the former owners pantry. My husband converted it to this great built-in with a bench seat for storage.. The other side of the wall is my kitchen and he made me an actual kitchen pantry. Love it!

The perfect spot to sit and tie your shoes, or lay down your purse or bags. I love this built-in for it's style and function.
Now go out there and tell all the good things that God has done for you! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment