Friday, May 29, 2015

Charming

Proverbs 31:30
" Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. "


"Charm is deceptive" I hope not all of the time. Certainly beauty is fleeting. Now that I'm going on 50, I'm more aware of that now than ever. I'm not saying I don't have a few good years ahead of me, but staring back at me in the mirror is not the beauty of my youth. There is beauty that is eternal, and that beauty comes from loving the Lord "with all your heart, all your soul and all of your mind" (see Matthew 22;37). That beauty is not external, but it makes you a beauty beyond measure to everyone around you.  Oh Lord, that you would mold me into a beautiful woman today. Transform my heart, my soul, and my mind to be more like you, Beautiful Savior.  Amen.

Speaking of charms... I still love my Pandora bracelet. Pandora is always updating the charms and even the type of bracelets or necklaces that are available.  They just e-mailed me about a Disney line of charms, and as we had a wonderful trip to Disney World this year, I'd love to add one to my collection. another new trend in charm bracelets is a great company called Alex and Ani.  It is an American company started by a woman who uses recycled metals to design charm bracelet. Each bracelet has a special meaning. The latest collection at my favorite local store The Pink Silhouette is inspired by the sea.

Here are some pics of some of the fun new jewelry from Pandora and Alex and Ani.


(Picture copied from Pandora website)



Sand Dollar Charm BangleMermaid Slider
(above pics from Alex and Ani website)

I hope you enjoyed this "charming" Fashion Friday and  I pray you have a blessed weekend.!

No comments:

Post a Comment