Thursday, May 28, 2015

Still?

Psalm 46: 10
" He says, ' Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.'  "


"Be still and know that I am God", I love this verse. My favorite time of the day is my quiet time with God in the morning. I can reflect on His goodness, cast all of my worries on Him, and just know that He is God. He is good. And then...my children wake up and all stillness is gone! God, just help me get through the day.  Don't get me wrong, I love my children. But stillness? It just doesn't happen unless they are not feeling well, and who wants that?

Today I wanted to write about what to do on a rainy day with less than still children. We had a long snowy winter and the last 2 weeks we're finally getting some much needed rain, but unfortunately it keeps us indoors. Here are a few things I like to do to keep my busy babies happy.

We have "Drop-in Storytime" at our library. I love to take my little girl (pictured on the right). They learn fingerplays, move to songs, and of course they hear some great books.

Play dress-up!

Do a craft with a friend (or 2!).
Here's a definite favorite of mine. Go to a local fast food restaurant with a play area. My local favorite is Chick-fil A.
I hope you've found something fun to do with your little ones. Comment below and share what you do to entertain your children when your day has to stay inside. I'd love to hear from you.


I pray you have a day filled with fun, joy, and (dare I say it?) peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment