Monday, May 18, 2015

Thorns

Proverbs 24: 30-31
" I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who has no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. "


Please don't judge me by my yard.  I believe the only green you can see, while carefully mowed, are weeds! I do not consider myself a sluggard, but you get the idea of this proverb. I'm sure compared to my neighbor across the street with the perfectly manicured lawn and garden, we certainly seem like sluggards.  The proverb goes on to say, " I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw. " (vs. 32).  I think that's what God really wants us to do.  He gives us lessons every day and wants us to apply them to our hearts and learn.  God, help me to observe your ways today, that I may grow in wisdom and knowledge.  Amen.

It's Monday again (boo!).  But we get to talk about food (yay!).  Today I have graduation on my mind.  My second oldest daughter graduates from college on Friday. I am one proud momma!  So I'm thinking graduation parties, Memorial Day parties, and family and friend get togethers.  One of my favorite dishes to share is my Spinach Artichoke Dip. Pair it with some fancy crackers or crostini, and you have a delicious appetizer or snack.  The thorns in the proverb above are generally thought to be thistles, which are a relative to artichokes (just a little Bible trivia for you there!).


Spinach Artichoke Dip

1/3 cup of mayonnaise
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2- 8oz. packages of cream cheese
2/3 cups of grated parmesan cheese
1- 14oz. and of quartered artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
1- 10oz package of spinach (thawed, drained and dry)

Preheat oven to 350*

Combine mayonnaise and cream cheese and garlic in a mixing bowl. Combine until creamy. Stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts and spinach.  Spread into an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top.

Bake for 25 minutes. 


I pray you observe and learn something new and inspirational today and that you apply it to your heart. 
Have a blessed start of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment