Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere

Song of Songs 2: 1
" I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys. "


My front garden is almost all in bloom since the weekend.  It looks so pretty.  I'm glad to finally see color. It certainly beats the white and greys of winter. There is something so comforting about seeing my flowers in bloom.  It seems to be God's way of showing me that through the long winter, there is yet a new spring yet to be sprung. There is hope.

I'd love to tell you I spent the entire Memorial Day weekend working in my yard and beautifying my home. Nope! I did however plant some flowers in pots the last couple of weekends and my husband has cut the grass two weeks in a row with our new lawn mower!!  We have so many projects going on right now, I'm happy to get anything done. But my flowers; I love my flowers. Even though we have perennial trees, bushes and flowers that bloom mostly pink, I chose to plant red, purple and yellow flowers in my pots and planters this year.  I love that color combination. Here are a few pics of my flowers.

Here's the patio my husband installed in our backyard surrounding our deck .
I love this planter it's filled with flowers and some herbs.

These iron nesting tables were my grandmothers. I freshened them up this spring with a new coat of paint.

I just love geraniums . They are all about summer to me. 
I hope to keep you updated with some pictures of finished spaces in my home and garden (pray very hard for me please!).  I pray your week is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment