Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy Anniversary +3

Psalm 100: 5
" For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. "


Happy Anniversary!! 1 year and 3 days ago, I started "Lipstick on an Elephant"! What a blessing it has been for me. I pray it has also been a blessing for you (that was kinda the point).  Through the last year I've been able to write and live this verse from Psalms. The Lord is good! Even though my life has not been all joy and light, I choose to live in it and seek it, " his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. ". Amen.

Of course, it's the beginning of the year and everyone is making resolutions. I do like to look back and see where I can improve and I do like to look forward to see what I can accomplish. Let's look forward together!!

Here are some specific things in my life that I am praying about, and hope to accomplish if not in this year, then certainly in this lifetime. I'm sure some of you can relate to them, and I know that if we pray specifically for and with each other, there is nothing the Lord can't do.

1.  A new home for my family. We currently live in a townhouse. And while I'm certainly blessed to live where I do, we are just bursting at the seams. We have 6 people living in a 3 bedroom house. I want to stay in this area, but we need a home that doesn't need a lot of renovation and that can accommodate my big family, and oh yeah, we have to be able to afford it!

Love the layout of this Bob Ward home.
This model is The Betterton- Trulia

2.  A clean, finished, organized home! (a girl can dream, right??!!). There's always room for improvement here. Some of this is beyond my control, right Honey? (he knows who he is!), but what I can control; I need to. Plain and simple.

HOW TO CLEAN YOU HOME IN 30 MINUTES A DAY! Tips for a clean house-stonegableblog.com
I love this Blog.
There are always some great tips, and it is so beautifully done.
How to Clean Your Home in 30 Minutes a Day!- StoneGable

3.  A joyful, soulful, bountiful family. What?? I pray that we are so full of Jesus, that we can't help but exude joy, and blessings to those around us. Jesus Freaks! I also want to be more of a Biblical scholar. There is some good stuff in there. I pray that my family seeks Christ together, and his light shines through us in all that we do.

I've heard great things about this translation.
 I think you should use any tool that you can to help you to understand God's Word.
(The Message Ministry Edition: The Bible in Contemporary Language- Amazon.com)

4.  A healthy body and mind.  I know I need to do better in keeping not only myself, but my family, healthy. That includes regular wellness checkups for my husband, me and the children. As well as healthy eating and exercise habits for us. While I know I'm not the queen of clean eating, I know how to prepare a healthy meal. I hope to bring more healthy choices to my blog this year. Although, there's nothing wrong with a nice piece of cake and a cup of coffee- in moderation!

eat well on a tight grocery budget
I found this great article on Pinterest.
(click here to read it)

Let me know what you're striving for this year. Is it a new home?  A day at the spa?  A loving family? Getting to know Jesus better? Share you're prayer request in the comment section. I'd love to hear from you and pray for you. I hope you are praying for me. " For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. " (Matthew 18 :20).  We can go to Him alone, but together we are stronger. 

I pray you have a wonderful week, and a terrific 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment