Monday, January 11, 2016

The weigh in

Hebrews 12: 1
" Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sins which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, " (NKJV)


I know I've quoted this verse before. It applies so nicely to a lot of life's trials. We all get ensnared by sin from time to time. For most of us, we don't normally think our sin is a big deal; we meant well...but. But sin is sin, and daily we need to go before the Father and seek his forgiveness, "we confess that we have sinned against you in thought word and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone..." (BCP).  This is part of a prayer of confession that is said before communion in a church I attended. It's good stuff. Sometimes we sin when we don't do anything! It doesn't really seem fair, but that's sin for you, it's so easy to fall into. I pray today that you don't let sin weigh you down. Practice every day laying your sin out before God and asking for forgiveness. With this daily exercise you'll be able to run through life much easier. It's the best weight loss program you'll ever start. 

Speaking of weight...ugh. I need a new scale. I generally don't like to weigh myself. For me personally, I get obsessed by the number and I don't need that daily stress (of course it would be great if everyday the number was one that I liked).  However, we do need to be conscious of  how much we weigh for our health, so every now and then I step on the scale; very cautiously. Usually it's in the morning, after I've relieved myself and of course stripped down, naked! Try to clear your mind of that very graphic image, I apologize. This morning my weight didn't seem to change since I weighed myself Saturday afternoon, and when I got back on (because of course that couldn't be right!), it was almost 5 pounds less. I'm going with the second weight. lol! But seriously, I need a new scale! 

Here are few scales I'm considering.

Taylor Lithium Digital Scale - Black
This is probably what I'm going to go with. This scale is a bare bones digital readout scale, and it's affordable.
My last scale was very high tech and I never used any of the features.
(Taylor Lithium Digital Scale-Black - Target)

American Weigh Scales Digital Bathroom Scale - 330ECO
I love the look of this bamboo scale.
One day when I don't share a bathroom with the masses, I would consider getting this more attractive scale.
(American Weigh Scale Digital Bathroom Scale-330ECO - Target)

Salter Academy Professional Scale
This is truly an impressive looking scale.
It says it can accurately weigh up to 400lbs...I hope I won't need that anytime soon.
(Salter Academy Professional Scale- Target)
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale - Black (FB201B)
For you high tech fitness gurus, this is an awesome scale.
It tracks weight, % body fat, and BMI, and you can link it through your wireless network and sync your information.
Pretty cool!
( Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale-Black - Target)

So many choices! I love the idea of the Fitbit scale, but I probably wouldn't use all of the great features. So, for now, it's just the basics for this girl. 

I pray you have a magnificent Monday, and that your morning weigh in with God, keeps you running with endurance the race before you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment