Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's all about that base

1 Corinthians 3 :10
" By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. "


Paul is referring to giving the people of Corinth the foundation of Jesus Christ, and that God is sending others to help build on that foundation. But...each one should build with care. He wants the Corinthians to see, that even though it was him (Paul), and other good people bringing the word, that they are just people and that the real foundation is God Himself. It would be like me today, identifying my foundation as a Protestant or an Evangelical (just examples, there's nothing necessarily wrong with identifying your faith). It's when we are only those things, without Christ, that there is a problem. Having good, godly people help you build your faith in Christ is important. Thank you, Lord for putting so many of those people in my life. The real focus has to be on you, Lord. Help me to build my faith wisely in You. Amen.

Wow, not sure where that is came from today. Let me leap off of my pulpit now and tell you my motivation. I really wanted to write about the foundation for my foundation (as in makeup). Lol. Thank you Lord, for the lesson. I really don't wear a lot of foundation in my day to day. I usually just do eyes and lips and maybe a little blush, and save my foundation for special occasions. But, now that I'm a getting just a tad older, I find that I use foundation more and more and that just foundation isn't quite enough. I've been using these 2 products regularly lately. My daughter, the teacher, recommended this first product.

Smashbox Photo Finish Shadow Primer.
BCA 24 HOUR PHOTO FINISH SHADOW PRIMER
I've been using this everyday I put on eye makeup (which is most days).
It really helps to prolong my shadow. Love it! 
PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER
Smashbox also makes this great  award winning Foundation Primer.
Definitely on my "must try" list.
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

The other product I've been using is this.

  Figs and Rouge Mattifying Emulsion Primer.

I received a sample of this in my Ipsy glam bag a couple of months ago, and I'm hooked.
It helps diminish pores, fine lines, and shine. Good stuff!
My prayer for you today is that your life's foundation is in Christ. He made you a beautiful creation. You are His child. You are a daughter of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment