Friday, January 22, 2016

Calm before the storm

Matthew 8: 26
" He replied, ' You of little faith, why are you so afraid? ' Then he got up and rebuked the wind and the waves, and it was completely calm. "


I certainly can identify with the disciples reaction to the storm. I often worry or am afraid of what might happen. I can almost hear Jesus saying the same thing to me, " Why are you so afraid? ".  I walk two little boys along with my daughter to the bus stop in the mornings. Our bus stop happens to be the first stop on the driver's (Mr. Craig's) route. The bus sits and waits at the top of the hill in our neighborhood until 8:15 when the driver heads down to our stop. You literally can set your watch to it. On rainy or cold mornings I wait until the last possible minute to make the walk to the bus stop. I have faith that Mr. Craig will come down the hill at 8:15. One of the boys gets very anxious about waiting in my house (he likes to be first in line at the bus stop). I often find myself reminding him that the absolute worst thing that can happen would be that we would miss the bus, and I'll have to drive everyone to school. We would probably even beat the bus to school if that happened. So really, the worst thing, isn't that bad at all. I need to remind myself that even if things aren't going the way I would like them to, or the way that I would plan, or even if they go badly, I need to have faith. The one who calms the wind and the waves is in control. I will not be afraid.  Amen.

We are about to get a major snowstorm, here. A blizzard! Yuck. Am I afraid, am I worried? Um, no. I don't want to run out of food, and I don't want to lose power (we're supposed to get some nasty wind). But, I'm looking forward to not having to go anywhere this weekend. I'm looking forward to reading some books with my girls and watching some football playoff games with my boys. I'm hoping to get some organizing done. I'm hoping to relax and catch up on some sleep. I'm as prepared as I can be, my refrigerator is full (at least until my son gets home from school!), and we bought an extra snow shovel. Let it snow!

Here are a few things I'd like to do this snowy weekend...

I'm all over this!!

6-8 cups of snow
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 to 1 tsp of vanilla
1 tablespoon Chocolate syrup
1/4 cup of coffee


Winter Reading
I signed up for this...I'm going to read!!!
http://www.hcplonline.org/


And, certainly,I could do this!


Love these Jamberry's, and what a great cause!
(shop here)

I pray if you are in an area that is forecasted to be affected by this snowstorm, that you are prepared and that you actually find some joy and calm in this blizzard. Even though I'm sure I haven't prepared for everything that could happen this weekend, I am confident that God is in control. I have faith that He will see me through this storm. Amen.
Let the shovelling commence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment