Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The show must go on!

Zechariah 8: 5
" The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there. "


Last weekend, my family and I went to see a Christmas show "Deck the Halls" at the American Music Theatre in Lancaster, PA.  What a great show! This Bible verse reminds me of show. This year the show's setting was at a hotel in New York City. The stage was filled with performers of all ages. Children were playing in the street. There was even a cute Bichon pup that wowed the audience with his performance. There really wasn't a plot, it was more of a setting, showcasing the beautiful voices and talents of the performers, and just about every Christmas song and carol you can think of! My SIL and I were sharing on the drive home, how motivated we were to "get our Christmas on". I know for me personally, I put  the Hallmark Channel on the second we got home, and the girls and I baked a batch of cookies (Grandmom's Butter Cookies-click here for recipe "Hiding place").


(Photo found on facebook)


This was a visually beautiful scene where there were angels singing and dancing in front of a church like backdrop.
(Photo found on ticket)

I'd love to know what get's you in the holiday spirit. Please comment below. Is it Christmas music? Baking? Cutting down the Christmas tree? A special service at church?  I look forward to hearing from you.

Today I pray that the Lord bless you and keep you- that His face shines on you, and be gracious to you:  that He lifts His countenance to you and gives you peace! (Numb.6: 24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment