Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015

Dr Seuss- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
" What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."


What was your favorite Christmas gift? I got a lot of nice things. I really did. What I wanted for Christmas, more than anything, wasn't under the tree. Actually, it couldn't have been under the tree. It's not something you can wrap in pretty paper and put a ribbon on. What I wanted for Christmas is something that I may not ever have here on earth. No matter how badly I want it, or how much I work to get it, or pray to God for it; the gift I want most may be waiting for me in heaven. Why? I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that through faith, this is a promise. Someday I will get this gift. Lord, though I may not know when and where and even if I will ever receive this gift here on earth, I am certain of your promises. As I am sure one day, my loved ones will be healed, I will see my little baby boy, there will be no more pain, no more worries, no more sadness. Lord, thank you for the gifts I have received: for my family, for my faith, for my savior who promises He is not finished with me yet and that the best is yet to come. Amen.

If you have been following along, I put some pictures of my favorite things throughout my posts. This Christmas I'm blessed to know my family is following along. A few of my favorite things found their way into my home. Yay! Another thing that found it's way into my home was this delicious Pumpkin Roll. I've been making this dessert/breakfast for Christmas morning for about 15 years now, and it never disappoints.

Miss Cheryl's Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs (beat 5 minutes)          1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup pumpkin puree          1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar                            1/2  teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup flour                          1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients and beat. Grease a jellyroll pan and cover with waxed paper. Spread dough on waxed paper. Bake 375* for 15 minutes. While baking spread out linen towel on table and cover with powdered sugar. Remove cake from oven and overturn cake on towel. Remove waxed paper while still hot; roll cake up like jellyroll in towel.Cool in refrigerator for one hour. Unroll and spread with filling. Reroll and chill. 

Filling:
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
4 tablespoons of butter (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of powdered sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

Beat ingredients until smooth.

Of course this is a delicious dessert anytime, but you know me, I love it in the morning with my coffee!! Enjoy!

I pray today, that nothing keeps you from believing, from exercising your faith, and from seeking to know the love and promises of Christ. Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment