Monday, January 2, 2017

My plans

Isaiah 55: 8
"  'For your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, ' declares the Lord. "


Ain't that the truth!!! I think back to a project I made in elementary school where the teacher had us make a timeline of our lives. The good news is that in the last square of my timeline I'm an angel in heaven (whew!). The bad news for any of my children after my 2nd....not there, wasn't in my plan. In my highschool yearbook, I wrote in my senior write up that I was going to go to college and then I was going to be rich. I did go to college, but rich...not so much.  That was a good plan, wasn't it?? Oh Lord, I have had some pretty good plans in my 50 years of living. Why aren't my plans your plans? In my favorite Christian song, one of the lines is, " Sometimes I gotta stop, remember that you're God, and I am not". It's just that simple. I know I try to make sense of all the twists and turns that my life has taken. Most of the bad decisions have been through my impatience with God. If I stop trying to fix things and let God be God, somehow his plans will work for good. "God is good all the time; and all the time, God is good" ! Thank you, Lord, that even when I get in the way, your ways are meant for good. Today, tomorrow, and always let your ways be my ways. Help me to be submissive to you, even when I think I know a better way. You are the way, the truth and the life. Amen.

I have had a bad cold since Saturday. It started off as just a little sniffle on Friday, but by Saturday morning I was full of congestion, and runny everything. Yuck! I have been trying to pull myself together, because believe me, moving waits for no man (or woman with a bad cold). We are trying to make this time of transition a time of organization for our family. During our renovating and selling process we packed up a lot of stuff and put it in storage. Our goal now is to go through said "stuff" and purge the heck out of it. Double yuck! My beautiful, big new townhouse, looks like a storage unit...with a really nice kitchen and a walk-in closet (lovin' me some walk-in closet!!). So, I ask for your prayers while we go through this process. Some of it's easy, but a lot of it's just so overwhelming. I can't wait to share some pics once we get things pulled together.

Here's a pic of me Friday morning...I haven't worn make-up in days and this was the beginning of the yucky stuff, but I'm keeping it real. And, you can sort of see my great kitchen in the background!!


Happy January 2nd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment