Thursday, December 29, 2016

Away in a Manger

Luke 2: 12
" This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. "


Well, here we are on the 5th day of Christmas and I've only written a blog one other time this entire month. Sheesh! We've got a lot of catching up to do. Just a few things going on at the "LOAE" (Lipstick on an Elephant), residence...

 Let's start here. A few Sundays ago, my family and I went to a "drive-through nativity" at a local church. What a wonderful experience it was for the whole family. My toddler sat on my lap as we looped around to see all of the actors and live animals out and about, bringing to life the Christmas story. Everyone enjoyed it. My 10 year old even admitted she thought it was great. Being the sap that I am, I immediately started to tear up the moment the actors that played Mary and the angel Gabriel began their scene. What a wonderful reminder of the reason for this Christmas season.

The next Friday, we...MOVED!!!! Yup, that's the big news I was going to share with you, we moved! One week before Christmas, we moved to a beautiful, temporary, townhouse. The week before Thanksgiving, we put our house on the market and within 2 days had 2 offers. We quickly found a big beautiful townhouse to rent because settlement was scheduled within the month; and here we are. It has been such a whirlwind. And I've seen God's hand orchestrating it all. The timing for my family of every last detail, God had it covered! Now, I did use the word "temporary", here. We are hoping to start building our dream home soon. Please pray for this process for us and with us. I know that God has the perfect place for our family to finally settle in.



The week after we moved...Christmas came. "Somehow or other it came just the same! " (Dr. Suess). We managed to get settled enough in that week to purchase a Christmas tree, decorate it, bake cookies, shop and wrap gifts for the whole crew! On Christmas Eve, we met my family at our local church and experienced a wonderful family service full of lessons and carols. My mother pointed out it was the first time in many years that my brother, my parents and me had Communion together. So special!  What a whirlwind it has been; stressful, but also a time full of hope and happiness, too.

Christmas Eve, sprinkling Magic Reindeer Dust .
Someone is so excited!!
Christmas morning, after opening gifts.


























This week we are still unpacking and trying to get temporarily settled in. We are so blessed to have been led to this house (go to this link to see the beautiful homes that Ten Oaks Homes builds). I pray that this season has brought you, and continues to bring you, much comfort and joy. Hope was born that starry Christmas night, in a humble way, for all people. The most innocent precious lamb, born in a manger, that was God himself incarnate, born as a sacrifice for us so that we may live eternally. "The hopes and  fears of all the years, are met in thee tonight".

Here's our tree Christmas morning before the children opened their presents.
I just love our new living room. The wood beams on the ceiling are very "Fixer Upper"-esque, and I have a gas fireplace!!

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment