Thursday, January 5, 2017

My jeans shrunk!

Hebrews 10: 39
" But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed , but to those who have faith and are saved. "


Perseverance is what this chapter in Hebrews is all about. You certainly don't want to be shrinking back in your faith, falling back into sin. Being destroyed doesn't sound like fun at all!! And so, we are to persevere! Paul also tells us "spur one another on in love and good deeds" (vs. 24). Paying it forward in faith and love, so to speak. I think that is something we should persevere in, loving and serving one another. Our promise is sure, we are saved by faith. Amen!!

I wish I could be more perseverant in my diet and exercise regimen, that's for sure. The only thing that has been shrinking around here, unfortunately, are my jeans!! At least I hope they are shrinking, otherwise I'm expanding!! I still don't have a scale, so I truly don't know for sure if I've gained a few pounds (or more!). But, I'm pretty sure by the way my pants are fitting that I probably have...wah, wah, waaahhh. Now that I'm 50, I really need to start putting my health and well-being nearer to the top of my very loonnnggg list. So, today's the day. I think we're pretty much done with the seasonal parties; I'm getting back on track. The simple thing that I started to do today, was to drink more water. I find that in these winter months, while I'm stuck inside, I tend to snack a lot. So, while I'm tempted to put those last few Christmas cookies in my mouth, I've decided to opt for my straw instead. And...I also decided to look good doing it, lol! I thought I'd be a lot more motivated, if my cup matched my outfit (I'm just weird that way, but hey, whatever helps you to persevere!!).

Here's my fabulous cup and my matching sweater!!!





I picked up that great anchor tumbler at my favorite local retailer, The Pink Silhouette, a couple of summers ago. You can pick up a terrific tumbler practically anywhere: the grocery store, the card shop, TJ Maxx, Target,Walmart, etc...  And, my "whaley" cute sweater, my hubby bought for me for my birthday from Talbots., they are currently having a "Extra"50% off sweater sale, through Sunday. I may need another cute sweater!!

Today, I pray you persevere in your walk, in your faith and in this life, for the promise is ours in Jesus!
 Have a wonderful Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment