Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I heart you!

 1 Corinthians 13: 4
" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. "


This is the first verse of one of the most famous passages in the Bible about love. It is one of my favorite verses. I have some very personal reasons why I love it. I'm certainly not alone, though, because I'm sure it's one of the most read passages at wedding services around the globe. Let's stop and think about this verse in a different way today. A few years ago, I attended a women's conference at my church and one of the speakers used these verses in her talk. It really was profound what she said about them. Basically, she told us to substitute our name (ie. Michelle) for the word love; like this, " Michelle is patient, Michelle is kind. Michelle does not envy, Michelle does not boast, Michelle is not proud. "  Uh oh...I might be in a bit of trouble here!!! Lord, forgive me when I don't reflect you in my life. If I reflect you, then I am truly reflecting love. You, Lord, are love. Help me to be more like you, Lord, in all things, everyday. Amen.

I have love on the brain today. I'm just coming down from my last weekend high. I was high on love. I was pampered on Saturday morning, got to see my daughter perform in a chorale festival in the afternoon, and then after dropping the children at my parents house (thank you Mom and Dad!!), my husband and I zoomed off to the eastern shore to attend the charity event for my BIL, and then off to a wonderful hotel on the beach for the night (and of course there was delicious food, I LOVE me some food!!). Such a nice weekend, so full of love! Well, now I'm home unpacking again (yuck!). But that's ok, because Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and love is in the air!

Here are some things I'm thinking about for a fun Valentine's Day...

- Brownies! You can't go wrong with chocolate. I've made 2 pans of brownies in the past 2 weeks (and I've eaten most of them myself). Here's a great recipe I've been using.

Tori's Brownies

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter                   1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups shortening           1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup cocoa                   1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar                      
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350*
Cream butter, shortening, cocoa, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla beat in until blended. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Carefully add dry ingredients to wet and mix until blended. Spread onto greased jelly roll pan. Bake 30-35 minutes.

Icing
1/4 cup butter
5 tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup milk 
2 cups powdered sugar 
1 tsp vanilla

 Melt butter add cocoa. Stir in milk and sugar (alternating). Remove from heat, add vanilla. Pour over warm brownies. Let set, and EAT! Yummy!!

-Hearts on doors. I saw this cute idea on FB yesterday. I heart it!! What a fun way to decorate and build up your kiddos (or get romantic with your hubby!). Every day, starting February 1st, put a heart note on the door of your kids rooms with some of the many things you love about them. So cute!

Valentine heart attack
Image is from this website (and idea for that matter!)
Skip To My Lou
I'm still on the lookout for more fun Valentine's Day ideas. I hope you heart these!! Let me know if you have a fun Valentine tradition at your house. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to share them with you. 

I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment