Thursday, February 2, 2017

Money, worry, me?!

1 Timothy 6: 10
" For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money have wandered from faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. "


This final chapter in 1 Timothy is chock full of great advice about money and faith. Yes, you can have money...and faith. It's what you do (or don't do) with your money that is important. I wish I could tell you that I have loads of money, we give generously to all and, I don't ever worry about money. NOT!! I have ingrained in my Christian head that worrying about money, isn't Christian at all. But, I'm not so sure about that. I don't worship money, I worship the One True King, but I am conscious of the money coming in and going out (there is a LOT going out!) and, yes, I worry. I sometimes have to pray and refocus, because we are told, " do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. " (Phil 4:6), In Matthew 6: 25-34, we are told to be "do not be anxious about your life..."  I shouldn't worry about money, but I need to be conscientious, and deliberate in using it. Lord, help me to be a good steward of all you provide for me, when my mind wanders with worry about how I will pay my bills or give to others, help me to refocus in prayer with thanksgiving. " Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself..." (Matthew 6:34). 

We are entering an exciting chapter in my household. We have sold our home, moved, and soon will be building our "dream home".  We still have bills to pay, moving expenses, new furniture to buy, and money to save. It can certainly be overwhelming if you don't have a plan, and while it's still early in 2017, I now have a plan, thanks to "earnest". Earnest is an online, personal and student loan company based out of CA. They have products to help you to refinance a student loan or, personal loan products to help you streamline your debt. I gave some of my personal goals for this year to one of their consultants and I now have a plan in order to help me achieve some of those goals this year. What fun!! Here's my 2017 Money Saving Challenge, and I challenge you to join me!!


Your March, June, September and December will probably be a little different than mine. But consider getting a budget ready for 2018 in December. I pray today, that when you find yourself anxious, that you take a quiet moment and cast all of your anxiety on God, because he cares for you!!

Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment