Friday, February 10, 2017

Pinkaliciousness

1 Corinthians 16: 14
" Do everything in love."


And there you have it, pretty straight forward. Do EVERYTHING in love. This close to Valentine's Day, love is everywhere. But this verse isn't about an occasional, "I love you". This verse is about EVERYTHING. When we correct our children I know we are doing it out of love but, are we doing it in love? When we pay our bills? When we make a meal? When we say, "Hello"? "Goodbye"? Wash the dishes? Travelling to/from work? Grocery shopping with the kids...? I'm guilty. I am not doing everything in love. My motives aren't always love. Sometimes they are selfish, angry, panicked, defensive, exhausted, and downright foolish. I'm human, Lord, and I do things and regret things that I say and do, all of the time. I wish I would just take a moment, and remember the sacrifice, and the pain, and the true love given for me on the cross. He gave EVERYTHING, so I could live in love and be loved eternally. Thank you, Lord. I mean that, completely, in love.

There's nothing wrong with celebrating love. That's why Valentine's Day is a fun holiday. Let's celebrate love and the one's we love!! Here are some fun Valentine's gifts that I'm thinking about this year.

Cupcakes!! OMG, we have a La Cakerie opened in Bel Air. If you watch The Food Network then you must have seen Jason Hisely! He was a winning pastry chef on "Cupcake Wars", and took second place in "Sweet Genius". He's the owner, and head pastry chef of La Cakerie in Towson and Baltimore, and now Bel Air. A bonafide celebrity!! After reading my girls one of our favorite books this week, "Pinkalicious", we took a field trip to La Cakerie on Main Street in Bel Air, to see if we could find a pink cupcake. Of course we did! Here's my girl with her pink cupcake (and chocolate, we love chocolate!).

The pink icing was the first thing to go!

I also found these "sweet" t-shirts, I thought they'd make a great Valentine's gift!

                                                                                               



                        





















So fun!!




I found these pink tennis shoes at another store along Main Street. LOVE!!

Size 8, Honey!!
(These shoes are available at Urban Pearl)
Or just off of Main Street, my favorite store, The Pink Silhouette, carries Brighton jewelry which always comes with a heart. And, they have such fun clothes and accessories. Here are a few things that caught my eye.

Here's the back!!!
I think this is cutest top ever, here's the front...look at the back.


and here's some Brighton to brighten your day!



and these earrings, no hearts but anchors away!!



Right now thru February 14th The Pink Silhouette is offering 20% off in their store (some exclusions apply).Tell them Michelle sent you!!

I pray you have a fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment