Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thankful

Philippians 4: 6
" Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. "


Whew, Lord, let me tell you, I prayed specifically last week for something that I have been praying about for a long time. Last week, with this verse written on the page of my journal, I specifically prayed "with thanksgiving". There is no shortage of God working in my life right now. Not a day goes by that I don't see God's plan unfolding, like a flower blossoming before me. I can't wait to share all of this with you, and in the next few weeks you'll know!!!

Another thing that I'm thankful for happened last Thursday. All of my beautiful children were at my parents house at the same time. It rarely happens these days. So I am extremely thankful that I got to spend the day with them.

Here are some pics from my very thankful, Thanksgiving.

I've been making this pumpkin cake for about 24 years.
My 2nd daughter was born in October, so for her first birthday (and many after) she had a fall theme.
I baked this for her, a spice cake with cream cheese icing, yum!

Here was my highlight...

All of my kiddos (+1) together, in the same place, at the same time!!
(the +1 is my daughter's boyfriend)
 and this...

I jumped in on this one.
Thank you, Lord, for my kids!

Today, I encourage you to pray with thanksgiving in every situation. Sometimes it's hard to see God working when things are going bad. But, He's there all the time, and all the time He is good!
(Genesis 15:20, " You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good...")

Happy Wednesday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment