Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Party!!

Psalm 34: 8
" Taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. "


This verse seemed appropriate for the last couple of  weeks. I've already tasted and seen Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. Yummy! Then, later this week, my birthday dinner; and then 2 days later, my youngest's birthday; and the next day her birthday party. Lots of celebrating with good food. Not sure about you, but food is important to me. So many celebrations, so much food! So happy!!

Things have been kinda hectic around here lately. I can't wait to share some BIG things with you. You're just going to have to wait, though, because I'm just too busy right now. Not only that but my "baby", who's going to be 4 on Saturday, is sick. Poor thing. And, it's her birthday week, so she needs to get better quick! This year she opted for a superhero themed party. You know I like a good theme. A theme makes organizing a party so much easier. Another thing that is going to make her party easier for me, is that we're having it at the recreation center where she takes gymnastics. Her gymnastics coach will be leading the children for about an hour, and there is a room where we will be able to set up for the party. So no activities to plan for me, just food and a little decor.

 Here are some things that I'm getting together for her Superhero party...

Superhero Party Decorations Poms:
My girl has chosen, Batman, Wonder Woman and Spiderman as her heroes.
This looks like something I could do...
Loot bags for superhero party.  Just printed logos, cut them out, then glued them on.  Fifteen minutes!:
These look like super simple goody bags that I could make with things from the $ store.

I am so fortunate to have a friend that is going to make cupcakes for the party. Here's what I'm thinking...

Superhero cupcake stand inspired by Wonder Woman, Batgirl & Joker. I used colored tissue paper to wrap different sized boxes.  All the decorations are made using assorted card stock.  Joker: I found an online tutorial for making Joker's bow tie out of card stock. Used glitter card stock for his lapels. Super easy. Used actual buttons for his button and took the sunflower from an old silk flower arrangement that I had laying around the house.  Wonder Woman: her "WW" was free-handed. Found an ...:
I like this idea of using boxes as a cupcake stand.
For food, I'm keeping it simple. Pizza, a veggie tray and some chips. I'll also be purchasing $ store tablecloths in black and gold, red and blue. And that is a wrap. I can't wait to share some pics from the party.

I pray you have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment