Friday, November 11, 2016

It's in the bag

1 Samuel 17: 40
" Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd's bag and, with the sling in his hand approached the Philistine. "


I have never carried 5 smooth stones in my bag. But, in my bag/purse, I can easily carry several bottles of water, my wallet, makeup bag, change purse, my daughters epi-pen, a stack of napkins from Chick-fil-A, some straws, and enough snacks for my entire family of 6. It feels like I'm carrying around 5 smooth boulders sometimes! Whew, what a week we've been having. I have experienced highs and lows like nobody's business. Thank you, Lord, that the election is now over!! I pray that as a nation we can move on together in peace and in unity: one nation, under God. I know that some of us felt like we were approaching Goliath with only stones in our bag. To some, victory; to others, the agony of defeat. Thankfully in the Bible story above, David was victorious, and his faith in God got him through many other "giant" situations. Not only did David trust in God, he praised and worshipped him. The Bible has a book full of David's ups and downs, highs and lows in the Psalms. Through it all, David trusted in God and worshipped Him. I encourage you to come to God on bended knee in prayer, and with hands raised in worship. He will reign forever, and ever. Allelujah!

Now back to my bag...my purse. As you may or may not know, I have a very limited budget for my clothing and accessories, which is why having a blog in which I comment on fashion is pretty laughable at times. But, we all like to look good and find a good deal, so I'm your girl. I had been keeping an eye on a bag at Nordstrom that I just love. It's a reversible, faux leather tote from Street level. The price isn't bad, either, you can pick one up for under $50. I was going to try to get one until...this bag!!!

This bag!!!  I bought this faux leather reversible tote at...Walmart!
And, was under $50, well under $50. It only cost me $9.97!!!

Here I am actually using the bag in black.



and here in brown.


Cute, right??

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be sad if someone wanted to invest some money and get me a great new handbag... but for me, right now, I'm perfectly content. Thank you, Lord, for all you provide for me and my family. We work hard and want to enjoy the fruits of our labor, but not at the cost of what is important or necessary for our family, church or community.

I pray you enjoy your weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment