Thursday, November 17, 2016

Nifty for 50

Numbers 8: 25
" but at the age of fifty, they must retire from their regular service and work no longer. "


This is now my favorite Bible verse. I may even have to get it tattooed on my tush (I was thinking forehead, but decided I didn't want everyone to know how old I was!). Well kids and hubby, this is it, I'm giving my 2 weeks notice. I'll go ahead and supervise, but ya'll are going to have start pulling your own weight. It's in the Bible for goodness sake! Thank you, Lord, that you have given me a sense of humor, and that at least I make myself laugh!!

So, in 2 weeks I will be 50. And since you all are clamoring to know what I would like for my birthday, I thought I'd let you in on some of my favorite gift ideas for people in my advanced stage of life.


1. A Day of Beauty.

Jordan Thomas Salon & Spa
Many salons offer Spa or beauty packages, for a day of pampering.
Jordan Thomas is a local Salon that has several options, some even include lunch!
Check out some of your local salons for packages and specials.

2. A new outfit (to coincide with said "Day of Beaty")

Talbots Looks We Love
I love this perfectly preppy ensemble. All of this is from Talbots.

or this adorable sweater would be perfect for a girl who could never have too many navy & white stripes...

Whale & Nautical Stripe Tinsel-Decorated Sweater
Whale &  Nautical Stripe Tinsel-Decorated Sweater- Talbots
Perfect sweater with a pair of jeans and some cute leopard flats.

3. Alex & Ani bracelets.

I'm in love with this Sunflower design. The sunflowers remind me of my baby Angelo,
and this bracelet actually benefits the Alzheimer's Association. 20% of the proceeds from each bracelet sold, will advance research and support for those living with Alzheimer's.
Sunflower Charm Bangle/Alzheimer's Association- Alex And Ani


4. Candles.

I love my home to smell good, and it puts me in a good mood.
Candles are always terrific gift.
Home for the Holidays- Yankee Candle


5. A new phone case and a wireless charger...


OtterBox - Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy J3 - Aqua sky - Front Zoom
OtterBox makes great durable phone cases. While I love my Kate Spade phone case, I've dropped my phone a few times and it didn't take the shock as well as I would have liked (it's peeling, sorry Honey!).
OtterBox Commuter Series- Best Buy



TYLT - VU Wireless Charger - Blue - Front Zoom
I have no idea how a wireless charger works... but I love the look of this one.
TYLT VU Wireless Charger- Best Buy


Just a few nifty gift ideas for someone who might be turning 50 soon. But I bet these are some good gift ideas for just about any mom on your Christmas or birthday list.

I pray you have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment