Thursday, October 5, 2017

Living the dream!

Habakkuk 2:2 (ESV)
" And the Lord answered me: 'Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.' "


I am definitely a visual learner. I really need to see something to understand. Just hearing someone tell me about it is not going to do it for me, I won't retain it. It's gone. If I can see it, or touch it and feel it, or experience it, I've got it. God knows that some of us need more than just to be told what to do, we need more than a good Sunday sermon. We need time to figure things out. We need to make mistakes, we need to have experiences, we need to see what He has put before us, He has to light with clarity the path we need to take. Even Habakkuk was commanded to write down God's word and post them, so that people could see the words that God had spoken. Thank you, Lord, for showing us, leading us, and teaching us your will for us. Thank you for coming to us, just where we are.

Yesterday, I had an experience that I could only have dreamed of as a young woman. And now, as a (let's just say) mature woman, I can certainly appreciate it that much more. I was invited to come to a meet and greet for a local clothing company, and be a MODEL!!! Now, to be clear, I don't know if any of the pictures that were taken of me last night will ever be seen by anyone outside of their offices. If they do, I'll certainly let you know, but truly, I felt so beautiful and blessed by the experience that if it doesn't happen, that will be OK. If someone had told me that this would happen to me, I probably wouldn't have believed them. The only pictures I have posed for taken by a professional photographer, were school and wedding pictures. I never even did a Glamour Shot in the 80's! Most of the pics you see of me on this blog are taken by me or my children.

The lesson that I learned last night was, had I not acted on this opportunity, it wouldn't have happened. Just like this blog, and so many other opportunities and blessing in my life, I didn't just hear about what could happen or what was possible. I had to put my fears and insecurities aside, make a plan, and take a chance. One of the other ladies last night said, that she could now check off- be a model, on her bucket list.  I'm going to use this opportunity, to continue to push forward and visualize and realize some other goals in my life. We are given such short years here on earth, I don't want to waste my time wallowing in unbelief and fear. God gave me so much to use and share, it's time to start doing, it's time to run. It's time to live  the dream!!

Here I am!! This was the first dress that I was photographed in.
It's so comfortable and it has pockets!!
Behind me is the designer/creator of this amazing local clothing brand
 and some of the fabulous women she has on her team. 
Yes, when you are a "professional" model (lol), they bring out the good snacks!!

Here's my 2nd outfit!
Can you tell I'm having fun??
I didn't take a pic of my 3rd outfit, it was the same top with a skirt that matches the first dress.
So comfy, so cute!
Have a blessed Thursday!! Run after those dreams. Truly live the life that you've been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment