Monday, October 16, 2017

H is for October!?

1 Corinthians 13:6
" Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "


I certainly didn't mean to mislead you with my post title today. If I have offended or confused you, I am truly sorry. And that's the truth! Are you rejoicing?? That's the hardest type of sin to confess, isn't it? If we don't know we have sinned, then how can we confess it? Fortunately we have wonderful prayers that help us to cover these types of situations. Here's one that I rely on.

"Most merciful God, 
we confess that we have sinned against thee
in thought, word, and deed,
by what we have done,
and by what we have left undone.
We have not loved thee with our whole heart;
we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves.
We are truly sorry and we earnestly repent.
For the sake of thy Son Jesus Christ, 
have mercy on us and forgive us;
that we may delight in thy will,
and walk in thy ways,
to the glory of thy Name. Amen. "

I borrowed this from the Book of Common Prayer. While I no longer attend an Episcopal Church (a story for another day!), the resource of the prayer book is still invaluable to me. We can't escape sin, but if we confess each day and follow this simple "formula", we can cover in prayer, those sins that are less obvious to us. Lord, forgive my sins, things I have done, those things I have left undone, and those things that I don't even realize that I have done. Forgive me, Lord.

So now, to the fun!! H is for October because there are (and have been), so many fun things that begin with H this month that make me Happy! First, this is our first October in a new town. Each year, here in Chestertown, they have a HP Festival! No, not Hewlitt Packard, Harry Potter!! And as coincidence would have it, the little girls and I had just decided to re-read (read for Frankie) the Harry Potter book series. So we were ready to hit the streets in our wizard robes and wands. Here's a pic of my very favorite wizard at our first HP Festival.

We also have been busy with HoCo (Homecoming), 2 weekends worth! My son went to Homecoming at his former high school with his beautiful girlfriend. And, my beautiful daughter went to her first Homecoming dance at her new high school with a group of friends. Here are some cute pics.

My girl is on the left.

Then, on Saturday, my 2nd oldest daughter had a birthday. So, H is for Happy Birthday!

Here's a cute pic of my parents and 5 of my babies.
My birthday girl is front and center!

And, finally, we have to look forward to Halloween!! We love dressing up in costumes and trick-or-treating. Here's what my 4 year old wants to be this year.
Child Dawn of Justice Wonder Woman Costume
We found this costume here-  HalloweenCostumes.com

I hope you have a happy, harmonious, healthy, start to your week!




               

No comments:

Post a Comment